Raising and Restoring Confidence
One Day Course
Amongst the consequences of the last 18 months, is that familiar infrastructures have either disappeared altogether or been distorted. One of the outcomes is that areas of certainty and areas where we’ve been unconsciously competent, might have altered. From being sure-footed, there is now a measure of apprehension. Recognising the psychological effects is the first step in increasing and improving levels of confidence. This course explores some strategies which can support us in the confidence raising programme and help us back onto solid ground.
One-day course outline:
Analysis (pre-course preparation)
- This is an opportunity to take an overview of the situation. Areas to consider include: what’s changed, how are the changes in confidence manifesting, what do you want to keep and what would you prefer to discard?
- Looking after ourselves to best effect including: The relative attributes of your best and worst ever managers. How are you managing yourself by comparison?
- Recognising what increases and decreases our feelings of well-being.
- Worries – ways to take control.
The Inner Dialogue
- We are the only person we live with 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The content of style of what we say to ourselves is crucial and can be re-tuned to a more positive programme.
- Including: Incremental steps to confidence – the power of small challenges and changes.
- How to set the most useful objectives.
The Symbiotic Relationship Between Confidence and Assertiveness
- Assertiveness and confidence are like a ‘two for the price of one’ offer – the more we communicate assertively, the more we increase our levels of confidence. The greater our levels of confidence, the more naturally we communicate and behave assertively. We are all generally more or less confident according to the situation. This module deals with ways to adopt a more assertive approach and style of behaviour.
- Summary, review and questions.
- Action planning.
© Candida Bowman 2019